How do I submit my work?
- Online through our submittable portal – https://etcetera.submittable.com/submit.
Are there specific guidelines for each genre?
- Yes, you can find them on the Submittable page under “more” beside each category.
Can I submit to more than one genre/more than one piece per genre?
- Yes, you can submit something to every genre, but it varies depending on the genre how many pieces you can submit per genre. For instance, you can submit three poems, but only one fiction piece. You can find this information under the “more” tab for each genre.
Can I submit a piece that doesn’t necessarily fit within the “Safe Space” theme?
- YES! We are very flexible when it comes to the theme. While we encourage you to work on and submit pieces that in some way comment on safe spaces or the lack thereof, we also want the theme to serve as an assurance to all contributors that they can consider Et Cetera a safe space for themselves and their art, no matter its content.
Can I submit previously published work?
- Yes, as long as you let us know when and where it was published. We primarily focus on unpublished work from Marshall affiliates, but we are happy to consider previously published pieces as well.
Can I submit the piece I submitted to the Fall Reading?
- Yes! Whether you won or not, you can submit the pieces you entered for the Fall Reading for consideration for Et Cetera’s 2016-17 issue.
If I was a winner in the Fall Reading, is my piece automatically accepted for publication?
- Unfortunately, no, you will have to submit your work again for consideration for the issue.
When will I hear back about my work?
- You will get a notification from Submittable when your submission starts being reviewed, and an email of acceptance or rejection in mid to late February.
If I am accepted for publication, will I get extra copies of the magazine to give to my friends and family?
- Absolutely! We have a launch party in late April to celebrate the new issue, at which we distribute copies of the magazine and ask contributors to volunteer to read their pieces. We encourage you to invite friends and family to this event, and to take extra copies back to them if they can’t make it.
How do I contact Et Cetera if I have more questions?
- Either message us on Facebook or email our Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org